Friday, August 13, 2010

Still Driving

“So we live out in our old van. Travel all across this land. Me and you. We'll end up hand in hand somewhere down on the sand. Just me and you. Just as free. Free as we'll ever be” Zac Brown

This was the first verse of the song I wrote about from the CD Dad made. I love it! We keep hearing it on the radio. I am a big Zac Brown Band fan. My favorite wedding song was Chicken Fried. My poor rock n roll husband listens to a lot of country :)

This once 12-13 hour trip from IN to NY is turning into a 36 journey! Since I could not drive last night we were off the road for about 7 hours. There has been a lot of rain, construction and accidents delaying our progress as well. Then there is the fact that we are not driving 80MPH - more like 60MPH. When we stop for gas or whatever else we take more time - we eat at the table, talk (it is a bit loud on the road to hold a real conversation from the front to the back) or just trying to figure out something! On our last stop we purchased an inverter (?) to plug my computer in via the 12Volt plug. We messed with it awhile and concluded it was not powerful enough to handle the laptop so we had to return that. Time suck!

The nice thing is that we can see how we will really enjoy living like this and that is going to be great when vacationing without a time schedule! We were originally suppose to fly back on 8/10 and Andy was going to start on a job on the 11th. Now he is really behind and won't get to start until Saturday the 13th. Not a big deal in the big scheme of things but he is fortunate to have a lot of work right now back to back so every day counts!

1 comment:

  1. I guess this just posted this morning - we had some sketchy cell phone service last night. We are NY - I will post later. :) I am off for a run now!

    ReplyDelete