Sunday, August 29, 2010

Let's look at the map....we want to go....there....

We are so very thankful that Andy has so much work in New York. He went from very little work in CO, to no work in OR to balancing 3-4 projects in NY. It is hard work - back breaking at times but he really is the expert. It is allowing me the time to get our business - Hero Events, Productions, PR and Business Solutions off the ground. I am loving not having to job search for another 8-5 office career. More importantly, we get to live wherever we are in our house car.

With the work he has now he can be busy here in NY until the end of October. There are a few other potential jobs that he can and will pursue for later. The plan is at the end of October is to head west. Where we are financially will determine how long we stay away from NY and where we go. I can continue to work no matter where we are as long as I have my computer and wi-fi. Side note: We invested in a Sprint Wi-Fi Card that you can access 5-6 different computers, smartphones, printers, etc at the same time. As long as there is Sprint service it works. It can be set-up as a secure line so if I am in a coffee shop no one else can use it without the password. While Andy is driving I can be on the Internet - loving it. 

If you know Andy and I you know that our plans can change at any moment, second, half-second - nothing is ever for sure for sure. We try very hard not to break any major commitments or disappoint the nieces/nephew.  Things change, plans change, projects come up, money runs low - things happen.  That being said...our plan is to leave at the end of October....

We have not determine which way we will go on the way there or the way back to NY or even when that will be (money, time, projects, etc will determine). Where we WANT to go....

Westminster, MD to see Marc, Cheryl, Hunter and Madison. We want to go at a time where we can watch Madison play in the band and Hunter conduct.

Pittsburgh, PA  - Joel and Christina are living there for the next two years or so. They are having a baby very soon and I want to go make sure he knows that I am an aunt too. :)

Chicago, IL - Mel, Chris and Catlyn Wong. I miss them so much and it has been a year since I have seen them :(

Akron, OH - Mike, Heather, Kadeen, Emily and meet Tash. I want Andy to meet this amazing family.

Colorado - We may have a very hard time leaving this state. This time of year is one of my favorites to be in the mountains. I remember always trying to cram in one more mountain bike ride, hike, climb, camping trip before getting the skis tuned. I can smell the morning air there and long for it! There is so much I want to do there and so many people I want to see: Calley&Aaron, An, Bridget, Jen, Kimmi, Diane, Kelly and Dave's baby, Carm all prego, the Hed's, Elizabeth/Tim and baby Grace, I cannot even name everyone - I miss it there so much. I also want to eat at Snooze (of course!), have coffee at Rocky Mountain Roasters, ride my bike, run to Rainbow Lake, sleep outside. Jeri/Jamie - this is a trip you may want to come with me on.

Indiana - When I was 18 all I could do was think about getting out of there and I did. Now..I miss it. Shhhh don't tell my Mom or Andy. Lots of people to see here - family and friends. It will always be home to me. I am so glad we are close while living in NY. Parents, Grandparents, LeeDA, Cari's family, Jeri, Jamie, Crystal, Melanie (if I ever get to see her), Olives Martini Bar. We are also hoping to do an event to raise money for Run For the Health of It. Proceeds will go to support the Down Syndrome Foundation in honor my baby girl Morgan Grace Mathis.

Portland, OR - We must deal with the POD. I won't start on that again! I am also missing Jacks - so much! So, we got see her, Scott and of course Vinnie :) We want to hang with Joe and Thea (also very prego) to catch-up on what they are doing. Eat at all my favorite breakfast places. And maybe the band can do a gig at Al Forno - hmmm pizza.

Seattle, WA - Work with Frontier Group to make some things happen in the world of online retail.

Napa Valley/Sonoma County i.e. Wine Country - Wine tasting, have friends meet us there, relax, pretend we are on a honeymoon.

Baja Peninsula - Some beach some where. Andy mentioned Baja  and I can't stop thinking about it! This is should be the reason we have an RV - go anywhere anytime :)

Natchez, MS - We want to head south for the Winter! Marcus,Kyndee and Morgan said we were welcome anytime. We promised we would not park in their drive-way! Andy and I had such a great time the weekend we went down that we would like to spend a month of our winter there - maybe December or January?

New Orleans - I have never been and would love to go! Maybe Andy can help re-build down there.

Athens, GA - Andrew "Dirty Bird" Spatz is going back to school and we want to come visit.

 Florida - Andy has never been to Florida. My parents have a condo down there and we are considering this if Marcus kindly asks us to leave :) I am not really sure where their condo is but I have always loved Fort Myers. Lisa and Blaine live near there too and hanging out with Lisa is always fun. Andy said if we drive down there we are going to the Keys.

Yosemite - I have never been and it is a bucket list place for me. A must-see.

Grand Tetons - Carm and I discussed going there forever ago and we only made it to Laramie, WY. Andy said skiing would be better but we are not taking the RV to any snowy mountains.

Of course...we can't do this all right now but over the course of the next 12 months....life is good

5 comments:

  1. The kids have an all day Marching Band practice the day you are visiting. I dont know if they will be on the Grass, but you'll be able to see some of thier accomplisments.

    Dont know if you can squeeze it in, but try and do a battle-field tour when you stop in Gettysburg. You can either do the tour bus thing, or you can get a tape/CD tour that you can play in the car. It leads you through the whole event in July 1862.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh! I forgot a couple of people/places! In Colorado we will hang-out for some f-ball viewing with Steph and Jeffrey! STL is on the way there or back. I lived there for almost 6 years and there are people and places that I must see - The Shrenk's, Joyce Martin and the Manger's, a run Forest Park and dinner at Sidney Street. Also in IL - we will see the Blunier's and Robert's. Yea!

    Marc-We may have a change of plans on the MD trip. When do they have a home football game - Friday nights? What is the schedule?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm hoping we're those Blunier's your are talking about!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The Wongs are excited to see the RV and it's drivers =) We'll find a place you can park it near our place...don't think you want to brave coming through our parking garage...don't think you would clear it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Of course, Jaclyn!! I miss you guys. We need to plan a snowboard trip together someday.
    Mel..I am not even thinking of parking in your garage :) Isn't there an empty lot somewhere near by?

    ReplyDelete