Saturday, August 14, 2010

Big Steps Today!

The picture is our home/office :) This is where Andy is working for the next week and that means I am also working from here :)

8.14.10 (I forgot to hit post on this yesterday!)
We slept in the RV last night outside the Held's house - we will NOT do that again! We were parked on the street and every time a truck or train came through our entire home shook. I felt like I was living in a war zone (and thankful I am not).

At this point the RV is just another room in the Held's house :) We came inside for coffee, breakfast, work-out and shower this morning! Ha!

We have been blessed and surprised at how many people have offered and want us to come stay in their drive-way! We LOVE it! When I told my Dad we were buying an RV he said - "Don't think you are parking that thing in my drive-way" Of course he was kidding and they do have the PERFECT drive-way to park in ;) It has always been a joke in our family that each of kids were going to by a double-wide and park in my parents front yard! Now...it is true - we just may do that now and again :) Thanks Mom and Dad!!

Andy is working at the Manning's today and drove the house over this morning. I followed a few hours later in the Pathfinder so I could help him on the garage remodel. It is beautiful day and so working outside is nice!

I am really enjoying this summer and getting to do so much different kind of work with Andy. He has 3 major projects he is working on. I am a novice but Andy is an amazing teacher - even with his wife as a student! I painted for my first time ever this summer and he taught me all the short-cuts and how to decrease the amount of paint on my clothes and body with perfect technique. I have done a lot of shopping for materials. One major thing I have learned is that you must start out with good raw materials - a bad piece of wood - rough, splintered, crooked or knotted can lead to a mediocre finished project. Andy is a perfectionist that is unacceptable. It is fun to do some work with my hands and then still put some hours in for Hero Events and Productions. I hoping we can maintain through the winter - I am LOVING it!!

Tonight we are having dinner with Tommy and Rebecca which is a rare opportunity to spend time with just them. We are looking forward to that. Tomorrow night we are parking at the Dunn's and having them and the Manning's over to the RV! Can't wait :)

OH!! I almost forgot the Big Steps! Joe found the adverter or cord or whatever that we use to plug-in to the house! We didn't even know we had one on board already. So, we are powered up as we speak. Now, we can do the same at the Held's tonight. Woo-Hoo! Small steps for most RVers Big Steps for the Rookie RVers :)

4 comments:

  1. That thing is called an "adapter". Be careful not to run the house A/C while plugged into a standard outlet. You WILL overload the outlet, and worse, you might damage the A/C unit.

    Not to brag, but I wired TWO RV Outlets (30-Amp) so you can run everything at once at my house - HA!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Joe Wizard hooked it up to his house for us so far so good. We were clueless!

    Of course you did, Marc :) That is impressive no doubt. One question....why do you need to plug-in at your own house? Is that your man den?

    ReplyDelete
  3. It can be ;-)
    I wired them up, so I can run the fridge and the Air/ charge batteries, while we get ready to go/return camping.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Smart man! I am pretty sure that is what Andy would like ours to be if we ever get a traditional house. He is already taking about what we are going to trade up to.

    ReplyDelete