Saturday, September 18, 2010

Pictures....

We had a great New Year and I wanted to post the couple of pictures we remembered to take. I need to be better - pictures really make a difference..I know!

Here is our dinner table at Nina and Stu's. We are digging into the famous traditional Matzo Ball Soup. It is not a Jewish Holiday without it - unless is one where fasting is required!

This one of my favorite dishes (besides Stu's Matzo Bri - it is by the far the best!) it is Potato Knick - it is potatoes and a bunch of other yummy things Nina threw in :) We had it the next day with breakfast too - so good. 

Now all I can think about is all the amazing food at Passover! I am not sure if I want to go eat or go for a run to make room!

What is your favorite holiday dish? Come on...I want some feedback!!

2 comments:

  1. I had difficulty getting my response out to you. Here goes - for the sencond time. I loved the pictures and what you said.

    Potato Nik is a family favorite for as far back as I can remember. Potato Nik is actually a potato bread. Heavy on the oil and potato's and enough to give you heartburn.

    When my uncle Herbie returned from World War II (He was an Iwo Jima Marine) the first food he asked his Mother Sarah, to make was Potato Nik.

    I guess, since my grandparents came from Austria/Poland it was kind of a specialty of the area. However, I don't know of any of our friends who have made it or know of the recipe.

    After my wife, my daughter will continue the tradition and then I guess we have to get Wendy to continue to keep the recipe alive.

    I'm sure Rebecca's children will continue it since they help make it every year.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Do you have another daughter in-law? My name is Wendi (with an i!) :) Sam, Tori, Madison and I will keep up the tradition.

    ReplyDelete