Sunday, February 20, 2011

"Hush be still"

"Hush be still" said Jesus to the winds and the storm was calmed.

This week Heaven claimed a great man, father, husband and friend. Jim Ransome. The Ransome family and the town of Moresville are in the midst of the storm. We pray for peace and comfort.

This morning I read Psalm 142. I opened to that same passage the day Papaw Mathis passed away. It was a comfort to hear David crying out in anger to God. I feel angry when God takes someone too early or too needed here. But at the end, David reminds that God is faithful. And HE is.

So today...I will remember Jim with a smile and a few tears.
I can picture his smile and the blue eye twinkle. Jim was ornery and witty. He used to sit for hours trying to beat my mom at Boggle. He was the only one who stood a chance against her! We used to go on family vacations together. I was too young to remember much. Thie one memory I do have is Jim falling out of the canoe. Through the years I heard it was because of a daddy long-leg?! Not once but twice my parents left me at the softball park (dad thought I was with mom and mom though I was with dad. It was time where it was safe and we knew everyone at the park) both times I was abandoned I went to find Jim and he drove me home. I'm sure with a few smart-ass comments to my parents :) Jim was an amazing person. I'm honored to have known him. Thank you Ransome's for sharing him with us all.

Father, thank you for calming the storm within me this morning. Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment